Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baptism

So getting baptized today was truly incredible... as I looked through the pictures of the "dunking" I couldn't help but notice the twisted and uncomfortable expression on my face every time I was either about to go into the water or coming out of it (I was immersed three times, symboling the Trinity). At first I thought it made for bad pictures... who would want to see that?! But then I contemplated on what baptism symbolizes... the death of self. The death of self is NOT a fun-filled adventure... it's grueling and uncomfortable and scary... just like getting dunked over and over and over again... So, I must say, the pics definitely capture the meaning of baptism. And all I have to say is Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, congratulations!! I'm excited for you...it's always an amazing thing to see people as they take that leap! (In case you're wondering, "The Inhabited Earth" blogger is my brother and I check his stuff from time to time...)

    ReplyDelete