Friday, April 23, 2010

Recovery and Restoration

I wouldn't say I'm a pro at being patient in any kind of recovery. I feel as though I'm in recovery from different hurts and pains all the time. And I'm learning that things don't need to be stable, settled, and calm to have an inner peace. Sometimes that inner peace comes from the hope you find in what the future can hold.

The past is often viewed in tragedy, the present is often turbulent, but the future is ALWAYS hopeful. Having hope means you anticipate good. Having fear means you anticipate bad. I choose to anticipate good because really there is no other way to live... Living in fear is no life at all. If all we do is sit around and worry, we'll miss incredible opportunities to participate in life with others.

That leads me to my next point: others.
Relationships of all kinds are tough. If you've ever been in love, you definitely know what I mean. But friendships can also be hard. It is inevitable that you will run into conflict with the ones you hold most dear. The pain is real, the recovery is long, but hopefully love will forever reign supreme. This is my prayer at least. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment